Introducing the International Fuel Tax Agreement ( IFTA)
The International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) is an agreement between the 48 contiguous U.S. states and 10 Canadian provinces that simplifies the reporting of fuel use by qualifying motor vehicles operating in more than one jurisdiction.
Qualified Motor Vehicle
Your vehicle qualifies for IFTA fuel tax reporting if it meets the following standards:
- Any vehicle with 2 or more axles and a gross weight that exceeds 26,000 pounds (or)
- Any vehicle with 2 axles with a registered weight that exceeds 26,000 pounds (or)
- Any vehicle with 3 or more axles regardless of weight (or)
- Any vehicle used in combination with a gross weight or registered weight exceeding
Visit TruckLogics to generate your Quarterly IFTA report
IFTA Reporting Software - Features
Trip Sheet Entries
Accurate Fuel Tax Calculation
Bulk Data Upload
GPS Data Upload
IFTA and IRP Reports
Auto Generate Multiple Reports
Miles/KM and Gallon/Liter Conversion
Assistance on IFTA Reporting
24*7 US Based Customer Support
What Information is Required to
File Your IFTA Online?
The following fuel tax reporting information is required to complete
- IFTA license
- Qualified vehicles and fuels
- Total miles (Taxable and Non-Taxable) traveled
- Total amount of fuel purchased
- Total amount of fuel consumed per jurisdiction, and
- The amount of tax paid per gallon of fuel
What is the penalty for late filing your quarterly
IFTA fuel tax return?
Maximum of state following the penalty for filing your IFTA return late is a flat rate fee of $50 or 10% of the delinquent taxes due and this depends on which amount is greater. Nevada is an exception to the rule because Nevada's penalty for filing late is a $50 flat fee plus 10% of the taxes due.